What Training We Offer
Enlighten Project for Children & Young People
- Bertie & Blossom – A story with our puppets looking at how children can keep safe online.
Reception, Year 1 & 2.
- Online World – Interactive discussions about how children can keep safe online, with a focus on social media and gaming, and discussing what we mean by personal information. Year 3 & 4.
- Online/Offline – Discussing the dangers of social media apps and gaming. Interactive discussions where we focus on scenarios around keeping safe online and in the community. Year 5 & 6.
- Uncover – An hour session focusing on what Child Sexual Exploitation and grooming is and the signs of CSE. Interactive discussions on what does a victim and perpetrator look like for young people. Year 7+.
- The Lines – An hour session focusing on what Child Criminal Exploitation, County Lines and grooming is and the signs of CCE. Interactive discussions around real issues young people are facing in terms of Exploitation and the influences/pressures young people feel. Year 7+.
- Consent – An hour session discussing what is consent, the laws around explicit images/videos, what is victim blaming and what are healthy/unhealthy relationships. Year 7+.
- Exposure – An hour session focusing on the dangers of pornography, what it is and how it affects young people, their relationships, how it impacts views around sex and how it can rewire your brain. Year 10+.
- Street Violence First Aid/CCE – Delivered in partnership with St Johns Ambulance – Year 7+.
- Don’t Blame Me – In depth discussions around what is victim blaming, societal norms, self-protection and peer pressure, discussions around victim blaming scenarios and high profile cases in the media/news, looking at victim blaming within Child Exploitation, how we can challenge victim blaming and stand up against it. Year 7+.
- VR – Round Midnight ‘Virtual Decisions Knives’ workshops focusing on knife crime, loyalty, empathy, consequences, fact v fiction and conflict resolution. Year 6-7.
- No Blurred Lines – In depth discussions looking at consent, healthy/unhealthy relationships and the exposure of pornography for young people. Year 7+
- Girl Power & Break The Silence – In depth discussions around VAWG (Violence against women and girls), delivered to separate cohorts depending on gender and/or identity.
- # – Focus groups on voice of young people to create something (art, poetry, drama/dance, music, photography etc). Year 7+.
Child Sexual Exploitation
- To understand Child Sexual Exploitation – male & female.
- Current CSE definition.
- Victim Blaming.
- To understand the grooming process.
- Warning signs (indicators)
- Models of CSE
- Vulnerability factors.
- To understand connected issues, Trauma & Stockholm.
- Connected issues – Social Media, Pornography, Internet.
- Safeguarding & Referrals
- How to report
Child Criminal Exploitation
- Wider exploitation with a focus on criminal exploitation children
- County Lines” and the grooming process, including terminology
- Understanding of the real picture of County Lines, Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE) &
Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE), Gangs, OCG’s etc
- Increased recognition and understanding of vulnerabilities faced by children,
young people and vulnerable adults
- Disruption tools and the use of NRM legislation
- The connection of Social Media & Music
- How to engage young people who have been groomed for County Lines (Counter Narratives)
- How to report
Briefings for Parents on Child Exploitation (2/3 hours)
- What is CSE?
- What is CCE?
- What is County Lines?
- How To Keep Your Child Safe Online
- How are children groomed for this?
- What are the warning signs
- Your role as parents/carers
Working with Exploited Young People who are in transition to adulthood
- To understand the key concepts of transition
- Contextual Safeguarding
- Increased knowledge of current exploitation factors
- Grooming styles and types